Het Russische huis in Brussel en de People’s Artist of Russia SVETLANA KRYUCHKOVA bereidden voor een belangrijke datum de literaire en muzikale compositie “Leningraders, mijn kinderen!” Opgedragen aan de moed en heldhaftigheid van Leningraders tijdens de dagen van de fascistische blokkade van 1941-1944.
On January 27, 1944 as the result of Leningrad-Novgorod strategy offensive operation were defeated the Nazi armies near Leningrad and the 900 days blockade of the city was completely reversed.
The blockade of Leningrad lasted from September 8, 1941 to January 27, 1944. During this period 107 000 aerial bombs were dropped at the northern capital and about 150 000 shells fired. According to different sources, during the years of blockade from 400 000 to 1 million people died. At Nuremberg Trials, in particular, appeared the figure 632 thousand people. Only 3% of them were killed during the bombardments and shelling. The remaining 97% died from starvation.
During the blockade period the city-front constructed hundreds of kilometers of defensive installations with effort of 1 million residents of Leningrad. Over 200 thousand people joined the people’s volunteer corps, over 19 thousand served in the anti-aircraft defense units.
On January 27, 1944 at the Field of Mars, at the Neva banks and on the Baltic fleet ships was fired a salute in honor of the victory. The military council of the Leningrad front published the order signed by its commander, saying: “Courageous and firm residents of Leningrad! In consolidation with the Leningrad front troops you have held our native city against the enemy attacks. With your heroic work and steel tenacity, bridging over all the difficulties and torments of blockade, you had been forging the victory over the enemy, giving up all you efforts for it. On behalf of the Leningrad front armies I congratulate you on the momentous day of the great victory near Leningrad”.