Why learn Russian?
- The Russian language ranks 6th in the world in terms of the number of speakers (after English, Chinese, Hindi, Spanish and Arabic); in terms of prevalence – 8th place (after Chinese, Spanish, English, Arabic, Hindi, Bengali and Portuguese).
- Russian is the official or working language in a number of international organizations: the UN and some of its subsidiaries, SCO, OSCE, CIS, EurAsEC, CSTO, etc. Now Russian is spoken by 146 million citizens of the Russian Federation and another 127 million abroad. Russian is great prose, wonderful poetry and just a beautiful and interesting language. We will teach you to see its beauty and lightness. Waiting for you!
Would you like to …
- to get a new professional competence?
- learn a new foreign culture and its language?
- be able to communicate with people from Russia and from more than twenty countries of the world?
- speak one of the official languages of the UN, the World Bank and the International Space Station?
- increase the benefits of your resume for future job opportunities?
What you can learn in this course…
|Grammar||Vocabulary||At the end of the course…|
|A1||Alphabet. Russian phonetics. Names: notions of genre, number and category of animation. Basic meanings of all cases. Pronouns. Adjectives: full adjectives, basic case forms, the concept of reflective verbs.||The basic vocabulary is 800 words, mainly in the area of everyday life. Vocabulary is mainly based on the neutral register of the language, while attention is also paid to the socio-cultural aspects of the language, cultural differences in linguistic etiquette and the choice of appropriate etiquette formulas inherent in the culture. modern Russian.||You will study the basics of Russian grammar and phonetics, get basic reading, speech and writing skills, you can formulate a question, express feelings and emotions, and you will be able to use basic communication formulas (greetings, addresses, introduction, farewell, gratitude).|
|A2||Formation of nouns, adjectives and verbs. Parts of speech. Falling system. Classes and groups of verbs, categories of adverbs by meaning; the most important service parts of speech. Sentence syntax, simple sentence models.||The vocabulary of this module is up to 1300 units. The vocabulary mainly concerns the everyday life and, to a limited extent, the socio-cultural realities of modern Russia.||You will be able to perceive simple factual information and instructions; will be able to provide and request simple personal information, as well as facts related to the domestic sphere.|
|B1||Word formation and morphology. Abstract concepts, actions, signs, suffixes and prefixes. Abbreviations and compound words..||The vocabulary of this module is at least 1500-2300 words. The topics studied at the B1 level relate to the social, social, cultural and partly professional spheres of communication.||You will be able to communicate with native speakers in everyday, socio-cultural and partly professional spheres. This level allows students to enter higher educational institutions of the Russian Federation, as well as to carry out professional activities.|
|B2||The knowledge of the Russian language and speaking and writing skills that meet the requirements of the language level B2 for the skills of Russian as a foreign language||The vocabulary of this module consists of at least 6000 words. The student is able to understand the main content of the text, to distinguish and analyze its main elements, to interpret the speaker’s goals and motives, to understand humor and emotions.||The student masters the necessary skills to convey and clarify moral and ethical judgments, to convey and clarify social and legal judgments, and to convey emotional judgments. In addition, the student can draw up plans, theses and notes themselves based on what the student has heard and read. The student is also able to write (in)formal texts with an informative character.|
|C1||Strengthening the development of complex grammatical structures. Features of the use of phraseological turns.||The lexical minimum is 12,000 words (7,000 active vocabulary). The goal is to understand regulatory acts and official messages, to be able to read Russian fiction, to understand an audio text as a whole, to understand the details (radio and television broadcasts, film clips, recordings of public speeches, etc.).||C1 level allows you the professional activities in Russian as a specialist-philologist, translator, editor, journalist, diplomat; conduct professional activities in a Russian-speaking team.|
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Our teachers –
professional philologists with diplomas from Russian universities and extensive teaching experience, incl. Russian as a foreign language. Under their guidance, you will be able to master languages from the basics to the very top. The training program is built in accordance with European standards from level A1 to level C2. Based on the results of the classes, an official certificate is issued that meets European standards and is recognized by European government and business structures.
Our advantages –
- small groups from 6 to 12 people
- modern teaching methods of Russian universities
- programs are designed in accordance with levels A1-C2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- teachers – native speakers of Russian and specialists in teaching Russian as a foreign language
- upon completion, an official diploma is issued, recognized in Belgium and in the EU
- the possibility of obtaining an international certificate in Russian as a foreign language
- internships at partner universities in Russia
Opinions of our students
…Speaking Russian gives you the chance to experience the real Russia. Knowing Russian will then be an added value for each type of profession.
…Russian language is one way to solve “the riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma” as Churchill said long time ago. Russia and its language are indeed enigmatic and learning Russian is a fascinating journey worth taking.
..Knowing Russian means having access to the great texts of Russian literature as well as to cinema and songs. Our teacher is very enthusiastic and patient and she manages to keep a good pace to maintain the interest of each student!